Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Welcome to Second Grade!

Hello Families!
         I am excited to welcome you to our second grade class! As one of the founders of the school, I am very passionate about LdV and am so pleased that you have chosen to send your child to our amazing little school.
         You’ll soon learn about all of the wonderful things we’ll be studying this year and what makes LdV such a unique charter school. Look for your invitation to our “Back to School Night” (coming up on Wednesday, September 21st) where you’ll get all the details.
         Please note that your child will not report directly to our classroom in the mornings but rather line up with the rest of the class in the lunch arbor area. Look for a sign with my name on it and have your child wait there until I arrive to walk them upstairs to our room.
         Children often bring a wide array of supplies to school with them so I wanted to let you know ahead of time that most of the things your child will need at school will be provided for her/him. Toys and valuables should always stay at home. If possible, please send in the following:
·      pencil box
·      crayons – box of 24 is a good size
·      water bottle (we don’t have a water fountain in the classroom)
·      toothbrush with holder (we brush after lunch)
         It is very important to me that my student’s families know that this is not my classroom, but our classroom.  Parents are always welcome to come watch presentations or just see what we’re up to. Also, I will be sending home a volunteer sheet during the first week of school if you are interested in volunteering your time. Please note: for the safety of the children, volunteers need to have TB and fingerprint records on file with our front office before helping out at school. If you’d prefer to donate items for use in the classroom, a list of needs is available here: http://signupgenius.com/go/classroom446
Should you have questions for me before we meet again, feel free to contact me via email: erin.gannon@davincicharter.org or phone: 271-2777 x111. If you’d like to come in and talk face to face, I’d be happy to set up an appointment with you.
Again, welcome to second grade and room 11!  I look forward to working with you this year.
Sincerely,
Ms. Gannon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for your comment!